At Callow Top we’ve been providing family holidays for over 35 years and offer a safe and secure environment for your family’s next camping adventure.
- Plenty of open space and room to play
- Barrier controlled entry
- Fully enclosed play area (height restriction applies)
- There’s no need to worry about our fishing lake. It’s 1/4 mile down our drive, well away from the pitches and main facilities
- Baby baths available from reception for a small refundable deposit
- Baby changing facilities available in the ladies & gents toilets in the main amenity block, in the Callow Inn & in the swimming pool changing rooms
- Field for ball games with football goal posts, cricket nets and volleyball court
- Swimming & paddling pools
- Cycle Hire including buggies, tag-alongs & small bikes with stabilisers
- Pool tables
- Amusement arcade
- Lots of new friends to make!
During peak season there’s regular entertainment including our very popular family discos.
We’ve so many facilities at Callow Top that you needn’t leave the site if you don’t want to. If you do fancy a day out during your family holiday though you’ll be spoilt for choice. Click on the following links to Day Out with the Kids Derbyshire or Staffordshire or here’s some of our own suggestions……….
Younger Children (toddlers to age 10)
Family theme park for families with children between the age of 2 – 13 years. Over 50% of attractions are indoor to cater for our unpredictable weather.
Chatsworth Farmyard & Adventure Playground
Spectacular woodland adventure play area, milking demonstrations and animal handling
Otter, Owl and Wildlife Park
Sudbury Hall & Museum of Childhood
Something for all the family. Explore the childhoods of time gone by. Be a chimney sweep or Victorian maid, play with toys or make your own stories.
Family Theme Park with Thomas Land, Zoo and 4D cinema.
Older Children (age 10+)
The UK’s largest theme park, just 20 minutes drive away
Go Ape Buxton or Aerial Extreme at Trentham Estate
Can you handle 3 hours of tree top adventure? Zip wire through the trees, crawl through tunnels and tackle high wire bridges.
Members of the Camping & Caravanning Club can get 15% off at Go Ape!
Paintballing, Lazer Tag & Quad Biking in the Derbyshire Countryside
Heights of Abraham
Cable car ride, play area, visitor’s centre and cavern tours