We welcome caravans, tents, trailer tents, motorhomes and campervans with all the facilities to make your camping holiday in the Peak District as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We have either hardstanding pitches with electric hook-up or grass pitches without.
10 amp electric. All hardstanding. Pitches have a small area of grass to one side to peg the edge of your awning into. You may need to peg down into the hardstanding at the front and back of your awning. Heavy-duty (rock) pegs are needed and can be purchased from our shop.
Hardstanding pitches in Field 2 are separated by conifer hedges, offering extra privacy for your added comfort. Hardstanding pitches in Fields 3 & 5 are open.
We have a number of larger hardstanding pitches suitable for motorhomes up to 30ft, larger twin-axle caravans, or caravans with bedroom annexes on the awning. Please ask at the time of booking if you require a larger pitch.
If you have a motorhome or campervan you can find out about public transport in the area here
Tent pitches are approx. 30ft x 30ft (9m x 9m) but please give us a call if your tent is bigger – we should be able to accommodate you! We don’t have electric hook-up facilities for tents, as all our electric pitches are hardstanding.
In some areas of the site we are able to situate a caravan/motorhome on an electric, hardstanding pitch next to, or opposite, a non-electric, grass tent pitch. These areas book up quickly, so remember to book early to guarantee your place.
- Children’s play area
- Amusement arcade
- Games field (football goal posts and volleyball court)
- Pub/Restaurant and Cafe/Bar
- Free WiFi Hotspot available in our Cafe Bar & Pub/Restaurant
- Entertainment provided during peak season. Entertainment takes place in Arnold’s Cafe Bar or, weather permitting, on the green outside the Callow Inn.
- Heated outdoor swimming and paddling pools, surrounded by a paved sun terrace with shaded picnic area (May 1st – September 30th)
- Supermarket-style shop selling a wide range of food, camping supplies, toys, newspapers and magazines, wine, beer, spirits and cigarettes
- Calor and Camping Gaz exchange (also, small gas cartridges are available to purchase from the shop)
- 3 toilet blocks, 2 with showers (please note only 1 or 2 blocks may be open according to the time of season.) Small charge for showers – 20p approx. 4 mins.
- Coin-operated hairdryers and plug sockets for hair styling equipment
- Shaver points
- Laundry room with coin-operated washing machines, dryers, ironing facilities and sink for hand-washing
- Pot-washing facilities
- Water points
- Disabled washroom facilities with access by RADAR key
- Freezer facilities for freezing icepacks
- Elsan disposal point
- Recycling facilities
- Cash Point
Dogs are welcome on site, as long as they are kept on a lead at all times. We are very sorry but dogs are not allowed in the Callow Inn, Arnold’s Café Bar, Callow Top shop, swimming pool area or fishing lake/nature reserve.
Varying Opening Times
Please note that the facilities available will vary according to the time of season. The pub/restaurant/cafe may only be open at weekends during low season. If you have particular needs, or need further information, please give us a call and one of our staff would be pleased to advise you.