For the 2021 season we’re happy to say that we’ll be accepting tents & trailer tents again. We’ll also be welcoming caravans & motorhomes as usual. We will be reducing the amount of tent pitches available to enable social distancing on site.
Please note that any dates given on this page are subject to Government go ahead for that particular stage of the roadmap to proceed and are subject to change.
10 amp electric. All hardstanding. Pitches have a small area of grass to one side to peg the edge of your awning into. You may need to peg down into the hardstanding at the front and back of your awning. Heavy-duty (rock) pegs are needed and can be purchased from our shop.
Hardstanding pitches in Field 2 are separated by conifer hedges, offering extra privacy for your added comfort. Hardstanding pitches in Fields 3 & 5 are open.
We have a number of larger hardstanding pitches suitable for motorhomes up to 30ft, larger twin-axle caravans, or caravans with bedroom annexes on the awning. Please ask at the time of booking if you require a larger pitch.
If you have a motorhome or campervan you can find out about public transport in the area here
Please note that we do not have a drive over grey waste disposal point for motorhomes.
Tent pitches are approx. 30ft x 30ft (9m x 9m) but please give us a call if your tent is bigger – we should be able to accommodate you! We don’t have electric hook-up for tents, as all our electric pitches are hardstanding.
In some areas of the site we are able to situate a caravan/motorhome on an electric, hardstanding pitch next to, or opposite, a non-electric, grass tent pitch. These areas do book up quickly, so remember to book early to guarantee your place.
The following facilities will be OPEN AND AVAILABLE during your stay:
- Water Points
- Electric hook-up
- Chemical Disposal Point
- Children’s Play Area
- Callow Top Shop selling a wide range of food, camping supplies, toys, newspapers and magazines, wine, beer, spirits and cigarettes.
- Calor Gas sales and exchange (also small gas cartridges are available to purchase from the shop)
- Fishing Lake
- Arnold’s Cafe Bar open for food and drinks both eat-in and takeaway (daily until Sat 11th September then Fridays & Saturdays only. Also open every evening during October Half Term 22nd – 30th October)
- Access to the Tissington Trail walking & cycling route (bring your own bikes).
- Footpaths leading from the site
- Recycling facilities
- 3 toilet blocks, 2 with showers (please note only 1 or 2 blocks may be open according to the time of season).
- Coin operated hairdryers and plug sockets for styling equipment
- Shaver points
- Disabled washroom facilities accessed by a RADAR key
- Pot washing facilities
- Laundry room with coin-operated washing machines, dryers, ironing facilities and sink for hand-washing.
- Swimming & Paddling Pools until 30th September (as long as current Government guidelines stay in place. If social distancing requirements are re-introduced the pools will have to close again).
- Ice Pack Refreezing
- Wifi hotspot in Arnold’s Cafe Bar
The following facilities will be CLOSED throughout 2021
- Callow Inn closed for the season from Sun 5th September onwards
- TV/Sky Sports
- Cycle Hire
- Amusement Arcade